Here at Kay Animal Hospital we have always stressed the importance
of yearly exams . The exam is the annual visit where your pet,
depending on whether they are feline or canine, receives a complete,
thorough physical exam, appropriate vaccines, heartworm testing and
a fecal exam or deworming.
Why are wellness exams important?
1. One year in human lives compares to five-seven years for your pet.
2. If your dog goes outdoors, on walks, plays with other dogs, goes
to a groomer or boards while you're out of town, then their Bordetella vaccine should be boostered every six months.
3. As animals begin to age more health problems occur. These
problems may not be apparent to you, the owner. By examining your
pet annually, early detection and diagnosis helps improve your
pet's quality of life.
4. Wellness exams are the perfect time to perform routine blood and
urine tests. These screening tests allow us to see a picture of what
is going on inside your pet's body. It is impossible for us to know
how healthy you pet is internally without performing these tests. A
healthy appearance on the outside DOES NOT equal a healthy pet on
the inside. In our years of practice, we have discovered many, many
disease processes going on in healthy appearing animals. The sooner
the problem is diagnosed and a treatment plan administered, the
better chance your pet has for recovery and for living a longer,
5. We want our clients to be happy. We want our patients to live
long, happy, pain free, high quality lives. Wellness exams and
routine screening tests are a big step towards you helping us help
your pets achieve these goals.